The idea was to establish a new brand and design especially made for magicians. This deck is not the 531st deck of fancy looking cards that hits the magic community on a monthly basis and that ends up on a collector’s shelf. I am talking about a working horse for all magicians around the globe. A deck that should look nice and modern, but not at all fancy or suspicious. A deck that has secret weapons built in that can be used but don’t have to be. Well hidden and secret that no layman would ever find! And if he did find them he would not think about it as a weapon!
What are the similarities to a Bicycle Deck, what are the differences?
- the card stock will be the same, also the air-cushion finish
- the card case will look familiar and will use the back design on the back of the card case as it WAS USED TO BE.
- USPCC changed that recently and a lot of magicians are concerned.
- the faces will be the same like your favourite Bicycle deck (with a few exceptions)
- the decks come sorted in the bricks and not mixed. If you only want red decks, buy only red decks! No problems to get rid of the blue decks then.
- The Joker has a new design, as the deck is called Phoenix Deck, it shows a Phoenix rising from Fire. Having a mythology bird as a Joker perhaps give you new ideas for torn and restore effects, burning cards etc. (BTW, there is only one Joker in the deck, do you really need two? Buy two decks…)
- The Ace of Spades is different, but somehow still feels familiar…
- all the other regular aces are still included but only as a backup if you do have problems with the new ones. There are new aces that have a larger middle pip, they look great in closeup but also perfect on stage! No more difficult-to-see ace routines!!!
- The back design is changed to the Phoenix theme. Can you spot the hidden one way information on the back?…
- The deck setup will be different to the one you are used to. Joker, Ace-King of Clubs, Ace-King of Diamonds, King-Ace of Hearts, King-Ace of Clubs, the old three aces of Diamonds, Hearts and Clubs.